PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Where does exported data CSV file get saved?

1. URL: http://www.ruthsherman.com

HI. I have set up various forms for the above site. I have need to export the data from several of these forms to Constant Contact for inclusion in contact / mailing lists. I have used the Export function of GF but I do not know "where" the exported CSV file "goes". I have looked on my desktop, in the Downloads file and don't see any .csv file listed that might contain this information.

Can you tell me where the form data / .csv file is export to so I can get it and upload to Constant Contact?

Thank you!

Tassey

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. It depends on your browser and browser settings.

Most have a default download location. On the Mac browsers typically download the files to your Download folder. I'm not 100% sure where they go on the PC and i'm assuming different browsers have different locations. You would have to look at your browser settings and see where it is configured to store file downloads.

Usually when you download the Export file it will popup a window that says Save or Open and you can click Save and tell it where to Save but this is of course dependent on your brwoser.

3. Yes, that is what I thought. As recently as last month, I exported files and the CSV went into my Downloads folder (PC, usually Firefox as the browser but also IE). Now, I don't even get the popup window to ask me to save it or open it. This is probably a browser issue and not GF, right?

Thanks for your insight!

Tassey