PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Why is {admin_email} in the From field of notifications

1. Since the recent upgrades I've noticed {admin_email} now appears in all the From fields for email notifications. Everything seems to be working as before, which is the submitters email address is included in this field, so I assume {admin_email} means > use submitter Email by default. So what if the form does not include an Email field, which email address will be used?

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday May 2, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Admin e-mail should be the e-mail address of the Primary WordPress Administrator account on your blog. You can change this to be whatever you like. I would suggest changing the From address to both an e-mail address you would check, and one that actually exists on your server.

3. Thanks David, makes sense, but not the behaviour I was seeing, but perhaps it is still using the original setting of submitter email address and only displaying {admin_email} when I edit the form. But is From a new field? Can't remember.

Will try saving and see what happens.

4. I just tested it, and when I added {admin_email} to the From Email field in notifications, it used the Email field value {Email:3} instead.

I also tried the form with the Email Field {Email:3} removed, and then it used the wp admin email address, as you would expect.

So it seems that if there is an Email field on the form it will override {admin_email}.

5. I see no reply to this issue, and I am having the same exact problem.

I have 4 forms in my website. 3 behing one way, and the forth behaving another. All 4 forms have the exact same settings (except for the "To:" email).

All my forms on my website have admin_email in the "from" field added by default. When I test it, 3 forms put the user submitted e-mail address in the "from" field. The last form uses the actual admin email in wordpress. I have no idea why.

Can someone help? I am using the last version.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 13, 2013 | Permalink