PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Widget Field Length Issue

1. I seem to have similar issues to what other users are having, but none of the suggested code seems to work for me. The site is http://georgetest.com and I am having trouble with the form in the right sidebar.

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hey Merrin,

Replace the style block in your style.css with this (looks to be on or around line 632):

[css]
    .gform_wrapper .top_label input.medium, .gform_wrapper .top_label select.large, .gform_wrapper .top_label textarea.textarea {
    width: 95% !important;
    padding: 7px 3px !important;
    }

You were targeting the textarea and "large" inputs, your inputs were set to "medium" in the formbuilder field options. The above should take care of you.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks that seemed to work. But now I have another issue, the Name field label is always to the left, not top aligned. You can see an example here: http://georgetest.com/contact/

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Try adding this into your theme's stylesheet:

[css]
    .gform_wrapper .ginput_complex {
    clear: both;
    }
    Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Thank you that worked. One more issue, the paragraph field label is bunched up on this page: http://georgetest.com/contact/ how can I make it all on one line?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 8, 2011 | Permalink
  6. In your style.css you have:

[css]
    .gform_wrapper .top_label .gfield_label {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    padding-right: 20px;
    width: 100px;
    margin: 5px 0px 4px !important;
    font: normal normal normal 14px Arial, sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

That 100px is causing your issue. You can change that to 95% and that should work for you.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 8, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Thanks that worked. Is there a reason why Bulk Add/Pre-Defined choices is not working? I want to add countries but when I click the button the screen darkens and nothing happens. I am using Chrome.
    Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 9, 2011 | Permalink
  8. This is a problem with the Thickbox script in the WordPress admin. It's usually caused by a plugin or theme conflict. You can check for that first by following the suggestions here: http://rkt.gs/testing

There were report of Genesis (StudioPress) doing this, loading their scripts in the admin, and I think Woo Canvas as well.

9. We have found a conflict with Genesis themes. Genesis themes are including the thickbox on every admin page load, not just their admin pages. This results in the thickbox being loaded by the Genesis theme and is conflicting with the custom thickbox loaded by Gravity Forms. StudioPress has indicated a workaround would be to edit the file under your themes folder \genesis\lib\js\load-scripts.php and remove lines 34 and 35. Those lines would be the lines listed below:

add_thickbox();
    wp_enqueue_script( 'theme-preview' );

This will fix the issue if you are using a Genesis theme, but if you update your theme, you will need to add the fix again unless StudioPress releases a fix to only load scripts on their admin pages.

The custom thickbox used by Gravity Forms was created to fix a bug in WordPress v3.2 and will no longer by used once WordPress v3.3 is released to the public and users have Gravity Form version 1.6.2 and above. Versions 1.6.2 and above will enqueue the WordPress version of the thickbox.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.