PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Wierd IE problem with conditional logic applied

1. I just launched a website with 3 gravity forms. One of the forms had conditional logic applied to a couple of the items. On that form, ALL form fields disappeared when my clients viewed the page in IE (they cannot tell me what version). It looks fine to them in Firefox. They did send me a screen shot, and all the labels appeared, but stacked, word by word, rather than inline, as though they were in a narrow column. But sure enough, the fields were "gone." Since I'm on a Mac, I can't reproduce this, and I've scoured the CSS looking for clues. In the meantime, I've disabled the conditional logic on the form, which makes it usable again for IE users. Ever seen this?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 28, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hey Ray, nothing globally that I could pinpoint this too automatically. Did you test for plugin conflicts?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

3. Virtually impossible for me to test for an issue that only shows in IE?, when I'm on a Mac.

4. It's going to be a markup issue with something most likely in your theme, although it's possible it's JS related. IE can be extremely finnicky and that is typically what causes this issue to occur.

We would need to know the following information:

- URL of the page containing the form so that we can browse and view the page with the form on it.

- Exactly which version of IE is this happening on so we can test with that version of IE to see if we can replicate the issue.

5. I'd love to know the exact version of IE myself; they cannot tell me. Here is the URL, but since the site is live, I've deactivated the logic so the problem does not occur:
    http://www.sttp.org/news/get-the-sstp-newsletter

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 29, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Without being able to see the issue occurring it's impossible to debug the problem. We'd also need to know the version of IE that the issue is occurring in.

What I would suggest is duplicate the form, re-implement the feature causing the problem and then create a new page and embed the form on that page and provide us with the link.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 29, 2011 | Permalink