PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Windows and SQL Azure

1. I'm working on a site that is on a Windows iis server with SQL Azure. We've got everything on the site working except Gravity Forms won't save any forms.

Also when I do a forms import from our dev site (which thankfully was on a Linux server) the importer says it uploaded the 5 forms successfully, however there are no forms showing in the forms list.

Do y'all know of any adjustments that need to be made so that the Gravity Forms plugin will work in that environment?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. We have never tested Gravity Forms on SQL Azure. Technically Gravity Forms requires MySQL, we don't actively use or test Gravity Forms on other database servers.

My guess is there is some sort of error. You may want to try turning on debug mode and see if any errors pop up when you debug.

Does form creation work otherwise? It may simply not be compatible with SQL Azure.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Heya Carl!

No. The plugin is not saving any forms for us on this install, even when we create them manually. We can create anything we want on the edit screen just like normal. But the moment we try to save the form it wipes out what was done and starts with a blank form again without saving anything.

I'm totally on board with the MySQL requirement. This is being driven by client requirements in spite of my strong recommendations that we build this site on a Linux box instead. I'll let you know here if we come up with a way to make it work.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 4, 2011 | Permalink
  4. thomas@pinfo.org

Chris,

did you ever figure this out? I am facing the same problem, on mysql everything is fine (thanks to Rob!) but when I switch to SQL it seems to fail on inserting data, my biggest problem is that confirmation page does not show everything which is the really important part for us.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday May 5, 2012 | Permalink