PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Windows Server and IIS 7

1. mlustig

Before I purchase Gravity Forms I want to make sure that Windows Server 2003 and IIS 7 is supported for most purposes. Are there successful installations on this setup?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. There are successful installations, as permalinks work better on IIS7 than IIS6. That said, we recommend Linux hosting for WordPress and Gravity Forms. It works better in most cases.

If you are not able to get IIS7 working with Gravity Forms and pretty permalinks, you would have to configure your site to use the default ugly permalinks. Gravity Forms will work in that case.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 15, 2011 | Permalink
  3. mlustig

Thanks for your response. Permalinks are not that important to me. I am required to use Windows Server 2003 and IIS 7 for this particular installation though. The main purpose of Gravity Forms will be to extend the functionality of mTouch Quiz on our firewalled Wordpress intranet. Any known problems with this, other than possibly the permalinks?

4. I have no familiarity with mTouch Quiz. There will be no issues with an intranet installation (other than possibly not being able to contact the Gravity Forms license server to check for updates) and the permalinks which were previously discussed.

Explain what sort of integration you're looking for with mTouch Quiz and I'll see if we can get you some better information.