PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

With poll Add-On is there a way to make the field "other" add to the selections

1. phillip

If not can you tell me how to make the edit or point me to where i can get it done please?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 28, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Can you share a link to the form on your site where you're trying to do this, or give a more thorough explanation of how you want to present the option, and how you want to integrate it with your results? Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 30, 2013 | Permalink
  3. phillip

I am trying to create a vote for your city poll. It is going to start with 10 cities and have an option to add new city at the bottom. what i need to happen when add new city is chosen and they add a new city i need this to become one of the permanent choices for the poll. i need it to be in the format of your drop down so it can be searched, this is a must because we have hundreds of choices all over the planet. so here is and example.

vote for your city:
    -las vegas Nevada
    -miami Florida
    -ADD CITY

Another possibility would be have a text field below that will add the choice to the dropdown if it is not in the field already then they can cast the vote once it is added.

can you help us get this please it is very important.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 30, 2013 | Permalink
  4. There is no way I know of in Gravity Forms to have a user-submitted choice be added to the permanent choices which are presented in your form. You could use the gform_pre_render filter to always dynamically populate your list of cities, and that list of cities could come from previous for submissions. It would be a complicated customization and is not something that Gravity Forms was intended to do.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 31, 2013 | Permalink