PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

WYSIWYG Editor Integration Issue with Error Validation & Page Navigation

1. Fika

Hi,

I have read through all the posts on here about implementing a WYSIWYG editor with the post body field. A couple of threads said this might be coming with GF in 1.6, maybe it is coming soon?

So I have implemented both CK Editor and TinyMCE (wp editor) in two different forms.

I can get both working by following all the documentation and tips on here but there is an identical problem with both.

I am using a multiple page form (Don't think it makes a difference) On my first page I have

* Post Title
    * Body Text (With WYSIWYG Editor)

The Post title is a required field. If I fill out just the body field and press 'next' without filling out the required field I get the Validation error. As soon as I get this error the Editor disappears and I am left with a textarea with the HTML markup in it.

I can trigger the same result when Filling out both fields, pressing next to go to next page, and then pressing previous to go back to the first page to maybe make an edit.

Both result in the same thing.

I am sure you guys might be aware of this from the testing you are doing and was hoping you might be able to help me out?

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  2. The issue is when the validation occurs, the form is re-rendered and your custom WYSIWYG implementation is not implemented due to the fact it's javascript isn't triggered and applied when the form is re-rendered.

You'd need to use one of the available javascript hooks to re-initialize the necessary JS for the functionality you are implementing when this occurs. It's not something Gravity Forms can do automatically as it's not something Gravity Forms has implemented so it isn't aware it needs to be re-initialized.

You would need to use the gform_post_render jQuery hook to re-initialize the necessary JS. That hook is documented here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_post_render

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 12, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.