PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

1. Hi, I've just installed GF v1.6 and I'm having a conflict with my theme and it is giving me the message saying "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page"; I'm not able to find the reason, if I disable my theme I'm able to access the GF features such as New Form, etc. Could you please help me to find the conflict issue?

Thanks
    Daniel Beck

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 4, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Have you added any code to your theme's functions.php that would affect your permissions or role? I can't imagine why it works with one theme and not another unless the theme includes some functionality to restrict a role.

Do you have any role or permission plugins installed?

Or, can you tell us what theme you're using, if it's publicly available, so we can test on our end.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 4, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hi Chris

I had exactly the same issue turns out it was the Members plugin by Justin Tadlock that had caused the confusion.

I was using the Role Manager aspect of it but I didn't realise (when I installed it) that it hadn't given the administrators all the appropriate Forms access (I just fixed it by going into the Administrator role inside the Role Manager part of the plugin and re-assigning those permissions).

Just thought I'd let you know in case yours was caused by the same thing

Nick

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Errr I meant to address that last post to Daniel but you get what I mean! Nick

5. Depending on the order that you install Gravity Forms and the Members plugin, this can happen. If you have Members and Gravity Forms installed the first thing to do is edit the Admin role and make sure ALL the Gravity Forms capabilities are enabled.

However, it's not the only thing that causes this.

The other issue that causes this is typically a theme that doesn't properly add it's theme option pages to the WordPress dashboard properly. This causes a menu conflict and results in a permission error when you try to access Gravity Forms related admin pages. How you determine if it's a theme that is causing this is by testing for theme conflicts. To test for a theme conflict you simply activate the default Twenty Eleven theme and then see if the issue still occurs.