PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Forms displaying "none" next to fields in IE 7

1. This is my first post since purchasing gravity forms. They have been awesome.

Forms display properly in Mozilla and Safari but in IE 7 they display none next to each field- they don't display at all in IE 6 but I'm ok with that.

here are the pages on the site in question:
    http://meiners-electric.com/request-an-estimate/#more-21
    http://meiners-electric.com/contact-us/

There is a custom field working on the estimate page.

It's the venture theme from Modthemes, coded by Nathan Rice.

Thanks for any help as I have a meeting with the customer tomorrow.

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday February 3, 2010 | Permalink
  2. I'm looking into this, it's odd for sure. It looks like some script is writing out the text after the page loads.. or in some instances, when you actually begin to scroll the page. I'm thinking it might be related to the ie8.js script, but can't confirm that just yet.

Have you tried disabling plugins and seeing if that made any difference?

3. I can see the issue on your site, but can't replicate it. I copied your HTML output and posted it on my test area, and I don't see the additional text. Everything is pathed back to your server, so I would think the problem would still manifest itself.

Your Page - Screenshot

Contact Us Page | Contact Us - Screenshot

Estimate Form Page | Estimate Form Screenshot

Version Info - Screenshot

I would just walk through - toggling plugins off and see if that makes a difference. You might need to go into the template code and temporarily remove the script references one at a time from there and see what happens.

I'll continue to look, and will let you know if I find anything else. If you're not able to make any headway with it, you can send us a login to your admin via our contact form and we'll be happy to dig around and help out.

4. List of plugins Akismet and Google Sitemap

then
    Lightbox 2
    Sexy bookmarks
    WP Automatic Update
    WP Related Posts
    WP-Cycle (I'll start here)

5. deactivated WP-Cycle and Lightbox 2 no change that I could see in IE 7

I'm guessing there is no problem in Firefox or Safari. Everything looks fine when I check it them there.

6. So far, I've only seen it in IE7 on your site.. still can't replicate on my end. Really weird.

7. Bryce, I accessed your admin and then your theme files from there. I was actually right in my first assumption that it was the IE8.js file that was causing the issue. It's only loaded for IE versions under 8 and was probably there the add some type of IE8 CSS support emulation for the older browser.

I removed this line from the header.php file and the problem went away.

<s crip src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.0(beta3)/IE8.js" type="text/javascript"></s crip t>

I didn't see any drastic styling changes or anything odd, but you might want to revisit the site and see if anything has changed by removing the script.

Hope that helps out. If you run into any other issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to take a look at them.

8. You guys rock. This is some of the best customer service I've seen in a while.

9. Thanks a lot. We're just glad we could help.

10. I am having the exact same issue right now....so I guess what you're saying is that there is a clash with the Google png fix in the header? Any idea how to still use the Google png fix and not have "none" displayed next to each field in a gravity forms?

I have a few png's on sites that need the fix on there for old IE versions.

Thanks

Posted 14 years ago on Saturday February 6, 2010 | Permalink
  11. I don't know anything so far about the google png fix. His issue was something related to the Dean Edwards IE8.js script..

It's very possible this is the same script you're referring to though, because when I searched for a google png fix, I got the google-hosted IE7-Js script as the first result.. again, a Dean Edwards script.

http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/

http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/source/browse/trunk/lib/src/IE8.js?r=26

It doesn't appear to be a Gravity Forms issue, but a script issue and you might try looking on that site for a fix to the problem.

You could always try another PNG fix script and see if that works for you.. the DDBelatedPNG script is pretty popular or there are a handful of others that might work as well.

Posted 14 years ago on Saturday February 6, 2010 | Permalink
  12. Thanks Kevin. I'll check out the other png fixes, I've tried so many before and never been happy with any! haha

Thanks for the reply, and awesome work on figuring out the issue originally!

Posted 14 years ago on Monday February 8, 2010 | Permalink
  13. Sure Brian, let us know what you find.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday February 9, 2010 | Permalink
  14. billras

I just ran into the same issue (IE7, 'none' appears to both the left and right of the form labels).

The first fix I tried was to set Forms > Settings > Output CSS to 'no'. This fixed the issue, but now I'll need to either create custom CSS for the form, or figure out which part of the standard Gravity Forms CSS was causing the issue.

Any ideas?

Bill :)

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday December 21, 2010 | Permalink
  15. Bill, please share a URL to your form page so I can check it out. I doubt the stylesheet itself has anything to do with this issue.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday December 21, 2010 | Permalink
  16. moikirsch

I'm having the same problem.

My URL is:
    http://bricos.com/contactenos/

From what I can see Gravity Forms is adding inline css of display:none and I'm thinking that the problem might be related to that.

Any ideas? I have a bunch of plugins and other stuff running so it would be very hard pinpoint if one is creating the problem.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 20, 2011 | Permalink
  17. Hi Moikirsch,

This issue is most likely caused by the this script:

<!--[if lt IE 8]> <script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.1(beta4)/IE8.js"></script> <![endif]-->

More details are provided by Kevin earlier in this thread: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/forms-fine-in-mozilla-and-safari-displaying-none-next-to-fields-in-ie-7#post-3109

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 20, 2011 | Permalink
  18. Ciaran

Hi all

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add my bit in case others find this thread by searching like I did.

I had the exact same issue with "None" appearing next to form fields in IE6 and IE7. I am using the supersleight script for fixing png display issues.

My fix was the same as billras, turn off CSS output, but then of course I had no styles for my forms... So I just found forms.css in the gravity forms folder and copied the css to my style.css file in my theme... Problem solved :)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 2, 2011 | Permalink
  19. Glad this post helped you out. Thanks for the info.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 2, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.