PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to solve a theme conflict?

1. I have created a beautiful Gravity Form, but unfortunately it's not showing up on my website.
    Testing with another theme it does show up perfectly. So, it's a theme conflict. Now a marketingcampaign is getting started where it's crucial the Gravity Form is working!

Is there any way to solve this, may be with a workaround?

Any help would be great!

The link where it should show up: http://www.spatverandert.nl/reserveer-een-plekje/

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 10, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You are already calling the latest version of jQuery in the head - which Gravity Forms requires. However, you also have it in the footer - which you will need to remove: Screenshot

3. Thanks for your advice. But I'm sorry, after removing the form is still not showing up... Any othe ideas?

4. I get this error when accessing your URL:

initialize is not defined

This is line one:

<!doctype html>

From the source:

<body class="error404 theme-nova-professionalandflexiblehtml5themebywebmonarchycom" onLoad="initialize()">
  5. Please try again, it should not give an error.

6. I'm still getting them here: Screenshot

7. Same error for me as well. There is something in this theme which is creating a problem for you. Maybe with the browser detection for the mobile site?

8. Do I need to remove the total URL?

9. Done!

10. What is done Fabio?

I just checked again and now have two errors. The one I detailed in this comment and an additional one. Take a look at this source:

<!-- Grab Google CDN's jQuery, with a protocol relative URL; fall back to local if necessary -->
      <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
      <script>window.jQuery || document.write('
                             THIS          ^^^^
      <script type="text/javascript">

/*-------------------------------
    * jQuery Plugin: Super Fish Menu
    -------------------------------*/

You have some bad syntax there, possibly from removing just part of a script?

11. Now the situation is how it was before. I don't have enough technical knowledge to understand your advice. I'm sorry. That's a little bit of a worry now. I don't know what to do :(

12. No any way to help me? I know where the code is from the screenshot from Rob Harrell. But I don't know exactly what to do with it. May be you can provide me something like 'follow this 5 specific steps' and I'll get there...?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 11, 2012 | Permalink
  13. David Peralty

Sorry, it is just me today on support.

You have to remove the offending code that is causing issues, but you have to do it in a way that doesn't break your theme.

That is why we usually ask people to contact the original theme authors for steps on how to deal with the conflict. Gravity Forms follows the set rules that WordPress releases give out, and as such, we keep up with the changes they make. Many theme authors don't always do the same thing, and in adding cool features, create issues with both WordPress and a myriad of plugins.

We usually walk people through the normal troubleshooting steps that show it is a theme issue and that other themes work fine.

Follow these steps if you would like to test to make sure if it is a theme or plugin conflict:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

We then look at the code and try to pinpoint the problems as both Rob and Chris have done in previous discussions.

After this point, if you don't feel comfortable making changes to your theme, we ask that you contact the theme author or hire a developer to make the changes so that both Gravity Forms and your chosen theme can work in harmony.

I would like to say that we can give you the steps to fix Gravity Forms, and we might be able to, but I can't say what effect that will have on the functionality of your chosen theme.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 11, 2012 | Permalink