PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

MailChimp Confirmation Email Being Sent Intermittently

1. Hi,

I have created a GF sign-up form and I'm using the MailChimp add-on to add subscribers to my MC list. I use a unique email every time I submit the form for testing. GF is receiving the entries just fine. The only time I can see when MailChimp successfully sends a confirmation email is when I've entered information to every field (check every box and enter address for both requried and non-required fields). This form NEEDS to work if only 1 checkbox is marked ("sign me up for emails").

I have tried creating groups like this post suggested:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-not-getting-subscribers?replies=6#post-70001

I'm using the latest GF 1.6.7 and MailChimp 1.7. I've also tried GF 1.6.2 and MailChimp 1.5. Some people suggested downgrading to GF 1.6 but that didn't work for me:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-not-getting-subscribers#post-69279

Once the confirmation email is sent, the user gets added to the MC list just fine.

Why is the only way my form works is when all fields are filled out?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. If you submit from the preview, are the results any different?

Can you try a simpler form and a new feed and see if it makes any difference?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I am having an issue with Gravity Forms not sending to Mailchimp. The form works when I submit from Preview, but not from the actual webpage... what gives?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 29, 2012 | Permalink
  4. If it works when submitted from the preview but not live on your site, it's normally due to a theme or plugin conflict. Please check for that by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 29, 2012 | Permalink
  5. I have 3 forms on the site. 2 work just fine and send submissions to Mailchimp. One doesn't... the one that doesn't work has a number of form options and filters for multiple mailchimp groups...

It seems the simple forms go through without a problem, but not the one I really need to go to mailchimp.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 1, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Any idea why the complex one works from the form preview, but not from the live website?

We have an alpha version of a logging add-on which may help debug this. If you would like to try, please send an email to chris@rocketgenius.com and I will send you the add-on. Please include a link to this topic in your email.

7. @chris, the GF does not appear when I view it in Preview. That's probably not a good thing. I'll look more into why this is happening. Any ideas off the top of your head?

8. @chris, I found out my GF wasn't displaying in Preview because I had conditional logic for one field. I didn't know conditional logic on one field prevented the entire form from appearing in Preview.

I will disable the conditional logic on the GF and see if that allows the form to work correctly. It might make sense because, the GF wasn't sending MC confirmation emails if the hidden field wasn't filled out.

9. @chris, I finally figured it out. In MC, there was a field that was required unnecessarily. I "un-required" it and the form started behaving as expected. I was able to set up my conditional fields and everything else I wanted.

Thanks

10. Very good, thank you for the update.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 2, 2012 | Permalink
  11. When a form with conditional logic fails to display at all, it is usually due to a JavaScript or jQuery error.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 2, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.