PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Wordpress SEO YOast Form

1. Joel

Dear Support,

My question is very similar to this one
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/custom-document-title-meta-description-tags-question

I am building a form where user could publish their own article, I would like to find a way to include all the field from the plugin "wordpress SEO Yoast" in the form.
    *Keyword
    *SEO Title
    *Meta description

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to manage it

*I am using headway as a theme( therefore I can' t play with the function.php file)
    *I have root access to my local mysql database if something need to be done

Could you please help out

Thanks in advance

Joel

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You will need to find out the meta_key for each of the SEO items (Keyword, SEO Title and Meta Description) then add custom fields to your form, and use these meta_key(s) as the Custom Field Names in your form. That will store the user submitted values in the postmeta table, in a format that the Yoast SEO plugin will understand.

The link you posted is exactly how you need to do it, you just need the unique Yoast SEO meta keys and this will work fine.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 27, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Joel

How can I find this out?

4. What I would do is create a post and save all those values for the Yoast SEO plugin. Then take a look at the database directly, and view the postmeta records which were stored for that post. You should see all Yoast SEO items saved there, and you will have the meta key names you need. If the information is stored elsewhere, you may need to look in other tables. You will need a tool like phpMyAdmin to view the MySQL database directly.

If you don't want to go that route, you could probably look through the Yoast SEO plugin files and find the meta key names.

5. Joel

I am not too familiar with php but I guess I found some value within the code
    Would you be able to confirm me if those values are correct by looking into the php code of the plugin file ? http://pastie.org/4594918
    wpseo_title
    wpseo_desc
    wpseo_metakey

Thanks

6. Good job. Those absolutely look like the right ones. Use those as the "Custom Field Names" in the form fields where you accept the user input. That should take care of it. Follow the instructions at the first topic URL you posted.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/custom-document-title-meta-description-tags-question

7. Joel

I may be doing something wrong... :(
    It's not working The field doesn't get filled in
    Could you please have a look at that screenshot
    http://picpaste.com/Gravityform-ZlEX67Nv.JPG

If I follow your other advise, which tables in wordpress should I visualize in order to get the meta key results?

8. I just took a look at the database (wp_postmeta table) and see that Yoast adds to those meta keys. These are the correct ones:

_yoast_wpseo_metadesc
    _yoast_wpseo_title
    _yoast_wpseo_desc

Add "_yoast_" to the beginning of what you have now and I think this will work OK. Be sure to use the leading underscore, which hides it in drop downs where custom fields are in use.

9. Joel

You're a legend! It works!
    Thanks very much.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 28, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Outstanding. Thanks for the update.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 28, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.